The Treehouse is a Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT). Our dynamic team is made up of VPD Police Detectives from the Special Investigations Section, Social Workers from the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD), Social Workers from the Vancouver Aboriginal Child and Family Services Society (VACFSS), and Victim Support Workers from Family Services of Greater Vancouver. Our team works out of Vancouver’s Westside in a workspace that utilizes a child/youth playroom, a private meeting room, and a forensic interview room.
Our goals are to:
- To coordinate investigation and intervention services for child abuse cases in the City of Vancouver using a child/youth-focused approach;
- To provide a child/youth-focused facility for children and families requiring support;
- To conduct child and caretaker interviews in a legally sound manner;
- To provide victim support and advocacy that ensures a consistent and comprehensive network of support for children and their families, and to reduce trauma and improve outcomes for children, youth and families;
- To provide training, education, and support for child abuse professionals, including case review and case tracking structures;
- To provide education and outreach to the community regarding child abuse, child abuse prevention and intervention.